thumb|110px|Broom — unformal symbol of administrator of wiki-project. Sysop (administrator, system operator) is a user of wiki-projects with additional rights for technical and other service of project.
In most wiki-projects sysop has a standard set of functions:
- Block and unblock of all users.
- Protect of pages and edit of sysop protected pages.
- Delete and undelete of all pages.
- Watching of deleted pages.
- Edit of space of names MesiaWiki.
- Edit of JS and CSS files for all users.
- Change of uncritical rights (autopatrolled, patroller).
- No speed limit on edit.
- Rename of files.
Rights of sysop impose additional duties on user:
- Timely response to violations of the rules of users
- Monitoring of problematic pages
- Summing-up of discussions of deleting pages
- Control over other users
- Protection of critical pages and prevention of wheelwars
- and other.
Administrators in various wiki-projects Edit
In various parts of Wikipedia has a variois features of elections of administrators. In Russian Wikipedia elections continues 2 weeks. Thereshold of assignment of flag is 2/3 (66,6%).
In English Wikipedia thereshold of assignment of flag in not regulated. 80% of support means guaranteed assignment, 70-80% at the discretion of bureaucrat.
From 18 May 2010 administrators in Wikipedia can hide name of user, comment on the edit and version of edits.
blocked user — bot — anonymous — user — ipblock-exempt — rollbacker — autopatrolled — uploader — patroller — importer — sysop — bureaucrat — oversight — checkuser — steward — developer — dictator / founder